MIDWEST SHEEP & GOAT EXCHANGE
Focusing on Top Quality,
Registered & Commercial Grade
Bucks & Does Purebred and High Percentage
Boer, Savanna & Kiko Breeds
Also accepting Rams & Ewes, both Open and Bred,
Katahdin, PolyPay, Ile de France, Dorper, Suffolk
Wool Sheep, Hair Sheep & Llamas
ANNUAL JUNE SALE
Held the 3rd Tuesday
Catalogs are mailed out approximately
2 weeks prior to sale date.
OUR NEXT SALE
June 21, 2022
Begins at 10:30 am
Marks Barn, 5470 Cosgrove Road SW, Kalona IA 52247.
Commerical Grade Bucks are sold first
Registered Purebred Bucks and Bucklings follow
Does and Doelings complete the sale, both open and bred
• If selling does or ewes as bred, they should be confirmed pregnant.
• No animals with visible abscesses accepted to sell with the groups of quality animals.
• Animals should be de-wormed prior to sale.
• Committee reserves the right to reject non-qualifying animals.
• Veterinarian will be on grounds to provide health papers for all Iowa animals.
• Auctioneer will make day of sale announcements for any animals.
• Agents available day of sale to bid on behalf of buyers unable to attend.
• We have a list of truckers who are authorized to haul out of state.
• All animals must have identification numbers
• Out of state breeders must have proof of negative TB Brucellosis test to sell reproductive animals.
Each Consignor Farm receives:
• 2 lines regarding operation or herd, listed with first buck
• 1 photo with buck lots and 1 photo with doe lots, regardless of # lots
• 2 line per animal for genetics, ie: sires, dams, etc.
• 2 lines per animal for descriptions and animal records
Extra photos / info will require advertising, which may be paid from sales!
Midwest Sheep & Goat Exchange Board:
Mark Helmuth – 5470 Cosgrove Rd SW, Kalona IA 52247 – 319.656.3625
Mark Schlabach – 2358 520th St SW, Kalona IA 52247 – 319.683.2415
Solomon Hershberger – 1117 Palm Ave, Kalona IA 52247 – 319.656.2141
Daniel Borkholder – 2077 540th St SW, Kalona IA 52247 – 319.656.5390
Butch Sowers – firstname.lastname@example.org – 515.209.9265
Catalog advertising available, which can be deducted from sales along with commission fees.
No Show Penalty: Registered Animals – $25
Individual Animals – $15, Group – $10
* Exceptions made for death or disease only